Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2009 Ellen La Forge Poetry Prize

So hey, I've recently been informed that I'm the winner of the 2009 Ellen La Forge Poetry Prize (formerly the Grolier Prize). I entered six of my astronomy poems from last year's NaPoWriMo and I'm still a bit shocked over the whole thing.

The editor of the Ellen La Forge Poetry Prize Annual informed me that my poems were a "unanimous choice," which is, apparently, unusual. Everything about this has been a surprise to me. Needless to say, I was thrilled. And I get money, which is astonishing for poetry. I'm trying to work out how much I made per poem, but any sort of math that involves numbers larger than two confounds me. Which is why I became a writer in the first place, of course. ;-)


PS- several friends were kind enough to do the math for me and one informed me that I earned a repeater number per poem. Which is cool. This is why I have friends. I would never be able to tip properly if I didn't.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

Congratulations, Christine! Yay! Poetry for the win! :-)

Michael said...

Christine- that's awesome news... and really especially cool that they cam about during NaPoWriMo.

Karen J. Weyant said...

Great News!

Christine Klocek-Lim said...

Thanks everyone! :-)